Chainmonsters is a massive multiplayer online RPG where you catch, battle, trade, explore, and combine different types of monsters to counter your opponents. Gameplay centers around a new and improved battle system, the cross-platform multiplayer which allows you to connect with your friends and venture across the game world Ancora together.
Development started in late 2017 with a first prototype released on January 19th 2018. Inspired by the SNES classics we were always commited to mix the unique retro style with modern and high-bit graphics designed for the big screens. Chainmonsters takes all the RPG and monster catching mechanics that fans of the genre love and connects them with a new style of tactical combat, a massive online experience and cross-platform play ranging from mobile to PC to consoles.
- Massive multiplayer - allows you to join your friends on an epic journey and complete quests and dungeons together.
- Cross-Platform Play - works across Steam, iOS, Android (and consoles)
- Catch over 135 unique Chainmons - with diverse traits, types and abilities. Combine into multiple Squads for various occassions.
- Story-based campaign - Join the N-Corp agents and discover the cause of mysterious anomalies that are affecting the whole continent.
- Dungeons and Raids - to challenge those that are eager to dive deep into the world and defeat special Raid bosses.
- Dynamic day/night cycle - that alter the visuals but also gameplay elements.
- Flow blockchain integration - Every Chainmon, item and digital asset can be traded both inside and outside the game itself. YOU are in full control of your digital assets!
- Full Customization - allows you to truly become your avatar and gain access to more cosmetics over time.
Kickstarter Launch Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Original Soundtrack (OST)
- Chainmonsters combines retro-style chiptune sounds with modern Future Pop tracks composed by David J. Franco - acclaimed video game composer and game designer for more than 15 years, responsible for music in titles such as Scribblenauts, Drawn to Life and SuperMash. soundcloud.com.
- Release announcement
- Announcement are exciting, so we usually make blog posts or news about it on bsidegames.com.
About B-Side Games
- We are B-Side Games. We craft games and apps using new and emerging technologies.
- More information
- More information on B-Side Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Maximilian Weber
- Founder, Game Director, Designer, Programmer, B-Side Games
- Lena Haupt
- Art Director, Concept Art, Pixel Art, B-Side Games
- David J. Franco
- Composer, SFX
- Max Keilbach
- Network Architect, Programming
- Purwa Gustira
- 2D and concept art